Wednesday, July 2, 2008

First Trip to Grandma Whiting's!

The last two weeks, Jason was gone on a cattle drive, so McKaydee and I got to go up to Wallsburg to visit Grandma and Grandpa Whiting, and to meet Great Grandma and Grandpa Giles for the very first time! McKaydee also got to meet Aunt Ashley for the first time. Ashley drove up from Phoenix, and we rode up to Wallsburg. It was so much fun to visit the family. McKaydee got so spoiled... now Jason and I are having to get her back into her routine (without being held all of the time ;)



Aunt Ashley with McKaydee!


Grandma and Grandpa Whiting admiring their granddaughter!


Great Grandma Giles


Great Grandpa Giles

A funny thing happened while we were visiting. McKaydee was kind of fussy one day, and constant noises generally calm her down. Grandpa Whiting was outside mowing the lawn, so Ashley took her out there to see if she would calm down with the sound of the lawn mower. They were sitting out on the porch swing, and McKaydee was almost asleep when Ashley saw something fall in front of her face. She looked all over, but couldn't see anything. Finally she saw a little spot of bird poop on McKaydee's head, but it wasn't very much. She felt around on her own head to see where the rest landed, but she couldn't feel or see anything. They came inside and Ashley asked grandma and me if we could see anything. After doing some examining, we discovered the rest of the little treat on the front of McKaydee's shoulder! It was pretty funny... my baby has had her first bird poop experience! She's taking after her grandma already! ;) Anyway, it's kind of hard to see in the picture, but this shows where it landed! (The little black spot ;)



McKaydee gets so excited sometimes, and gets her arms swinging, and her legs kicking so fast. When this happens, she has a tendency to catch her hands on things... including her headbands ;) This has happened a couple of times, but today I finally got a picture of it. She thinks she's pretty big and funny ;)




One of the nights we were up there, Great Grandma and Grandpa Giles watched McKaydee while we girls "went out" ;) Grandma Whiting, Sara, Kaylee, and I went to Salt Lake to a place called Desert Star Playhouse. They do comedy plays there, and the one we saw was called Indiana Bones. It was very funny, and good to get out again. I missed McKaydee though, and was glad to get back to her!

It was a fun couple of weeks, but I was glad to be back to Jason!

3 comments:

Dan and Sara said...

I'm glad you posted again. I think McKaydee has changed more since I saw her last week! That was so much fun going to the Desert Star. I'm going to drag Dan there with me next time. Those pictures of grams & gramps with the baby are precious. One of my favorite pictures we took of Holly shows grams in the background holding McKaydee and watching us. It's so cute!

TJ and Whitnee said...

Sounds like you had fun! I think McKaydee is starting to look more and more like you!

Matt and Krachel said...

I want to go to Indiana Bones but Matt said no.