Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Blessing Day

We blessed McKaydee this last Sunday in Cedar City. It was so much fun to have the family together, and it was so special to have her blessed by her daddy! He was pretty nervous, but he gave her the most beautiful blessing. I was so proud of him, and grateful that the holds and honors his priesthood, and was able to give her the blessing. It was very neat!

I thought she looked so beautiful in her blessing dress. It's kind of fun, because the dress she wore was also my blessing dress when I was a baby! Kind of a fun tradition. I just love this little girl so much!

Grandma Meeks made these cute little booties for her. I thought they looked so cute, I just had to take a picture!


She looks just like a little angel to me all dressed in her white. She is just so peaceful.

The proud parents! She kept getting her hands all tangled in the ribbons on her dress! However, she didn't mind... she actually quite liked it I think, as her face shows in the picture with Jason!

She really is such a special spirit, and it was a wonderful day to bless a wonderful child!

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

We found you Carlia! You have a beautiful baby. Congratulations on her blessing. Love Rebecca and Bryant

Sorensons said...

She looks beautiful! I love the dress!

TJ and Whitnee said...

Sounds so fun. I got your little birth announcement, she is so cute!

Natalia from Piece N Quilt said...

Wow! That's the first time I've ever seen Jason without a cowboy hat! Chesney wore my blessing dress too and I think it's so cool that you guys did the same!

Dan and Sara said...

I love my little niece so much!! It was really fun to spend the day with you guys. McKaydee looked so pretty in her little dress.

I wish you guys could come to the lake with us... I'm taking off tomorrow after work.

The Tomlinsons said...

What a little angel! There's nothing quite like seeing your man bless your baby--it gets me every time! And I love the "baby wearing mommy's blessing dress" tradition! Leah wore mine, too:)