Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Cows and Pumpkins

These are a bit late, but I've come to accept that that's the way things happen around here ;) Last week Jason was on the cattle drive for work. It's a ten day ride, and they push around eight hundred cows from Alton, UT (a small town just north of Glendale) down to their winter pasture on the north rim of the Grand Canyon. So one of the days I decided to take McKaydee out to visit her daddy and the cows. She is such an outdoors girl, so I knew she would love it! She hadn't been on a horse yet, and we decided it was about time she experienced it...






Jason was so proud!


Yes she did get all dirty - silly mom for putting her in white!



But she was getting pretty good at pushing cows - even when her dad wasn't looking ;)




The next day Jason's mom watched McKaydee so I could go ride for the day with Jason. It sure was fun, but I was very sore after. I really haven't ridden for more than about ten minutes since last October, so a seven or eight hour day in the saddle was more than enough for me for a while - I've got to break back in slowly... ;)



Jason right where he belongs - being a cowboy!




Then, the next day was Halloween. McKaydee was the cutest little pumpkin. She got to go trick-or-treating to Grandma Bauer's house, and she was so excited ;)

Anyway... Happy Halloween ;)!!!

13 comments:

Rebecca said...

Cute little pumpkin! Those are some neat cowboy pics. I bet it was a really cool experience.

Dan and Sara said...

Cool pictures! Don't tell Jason I said this, but he's a very handsome cowboy! That ride looks like fun, I would have been way sore too since I haven't ridden a horse in say, 18 years? yikes! But I think your life looks fun and exciting, and I wish I could do some of that.

And I love the pictures of the little pumpkin... very cute!

Deanna said...

I agree, that ride looks fun, but I would be sore too! We didn't dress Chloe up and I am wishing we would have - your little girl is so cute!

Whitings said...

McKaydee looks so cute on that horse. Yesterday I took Brighton out for a short trail ride. I hadn't been on a horse in a long time. Brighton really enjoyed it. I am envious that you guys get to ride so much. Thats great!

Ashley and Hallie said...

I can't believe how cute the Peanut is. Since she has now officially ridden a horse, does that mean she's ready for the motorcycle?

Matt, Carolynn & Kaiya Reynolds said...

Hi Carlia! I am so glad you left me a comment! I had no idea you had a baby, she is the cutest thing ever! I saw that she was born in May, my little one was born on May 3rd, I thought that was fun. Keep in touch, you look great and have a cute family!

Heather said...

Hey Carlia! You're little girl is so cute! I love her pumpkin costume! So how have things been? I haven't seen you since your bridal shower! I got the baby shower invite from your mom last year, but I was only home for a week and so I didn't think I would be able to make it. I'm so happy for you and Jason!

Natalia from Piece N Quilt said...

Carlia-
I am making my blog private and don't have your e-mail address, let me know if you want to be invited. tally92582@aol.com

Ty and Mari said...

I ran across your blog from Natalia's and loved getting caught up! My blog is private but if you want to look it over send me your email to mari_dixon@Hotmail.com. I hope you don't mind me intruding!

CUTE BABY!

Holly said...

I haven't seen these yet! I can't believe she rode a horse.. haha I love the pics! I wish I could have seen her on Halloween, she looks so cute!

Lindsay said...

Carlia I went private so if you want to read my blog just send your email address to linpro_31@hotmail.com

Matt and Erin said...

How cute! Hey Car- Matt and I are going to be in Heber for a while during the holidays. Matt, Kim, her Matt, Brittany Berg, and I are going to go to Max Dummar's wedding reception this Saturday around 7:00. Do you guys want to come too if you're in town? We're thinking of maybe doing something together before or afterward, and we've love to see you guys! Anyway, hope things are doing well with you guys.

Jeana said...

McKaydee is such a doll! It was so fun seeing you guys when we were out in Utah!